A place to talk about CG particles...
login.php?sid=48c26980ae5616ff17f04f73547fe1d9 profile.php?mode=register&sid=48c26980ae5616ff17f04f73547fe1d9 faq.php?sid=48c26980ae5616ff17f04f73547fe1d9 memberlist.php?sid=48c26980ae5616ff17f04f73547fe1d9 search.php?sid=48c26980ae5616ff17f04f73547fe1d9 index.php?sid=48c26980ae5616ff17f04f73547fe1d9

Orbaz Technologies Forum Index » Particle Flow Tools: Box#3 » reform prefractured geo to animated object SOLVED Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
R_cypher

Last edited by R_cypher on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
R_cypher

any of the pros wanna add their 2 cents as to why we're getting the offset still? pretty please!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote
nickolay411

second that Smile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Martijn van Herk

Here's my take on this;

Since the target object (teapot) is non-deforming, it's probably easier to use matrix calculations which is generally faster than Lock/Bond. I've attached a maxfile (..._mvh_matrix.max) that shows the effect (see the comments on the data operators (with CAPITALS) to see how it works).

As for why you're getting a lag; That's due to the fact that the Lock/Bond operator affects speed, rather than position. So the position is only updated at the end of the integration step. This means that you're actually getting the position/rotation of the previous integration step rather than the current one.

I've attached another file (..._mvh.max) where I added both spin and speed to the position and rotation, and use the results to build te target matrix. There's still a slight lag, which might be caused by some floating point rounding errors, but could very well an error on my part as well since I setup the scene pretty quickly.

Anyway, hope this helps!
Martijn

reform_test05_2010_mvh.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  reform_test05_2010_mvh.zip
 Filesize:  2.41 MB
 Downloaded:  629 Time(s)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote
nickolay411

Thank you Martijn. I did not know Lock/Bond affects speed! Sad
The matrix version you did seems to be the best way to go for a non deforming object.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate you taking a look at it.

-N
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote
PsychoSilence

That's a great setup, Martijn, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quote
R_cypher

I had a look at your files and I just have a few quick questions:

in the _mvh.max file in the lockbond event data operator could you explain quickly why you're multiplying the speed vector/spin quaterion by time value of 1?

in the the _mvh_matrix.max file in the STORE OFFSET TM operator can you explain why you're using the inverse of the object TM instead of the non-inverse?

Thanks again for all your help!

Martijn van Herk wrote:
Here's my take on this;

Since the target object (teapot) is non-deforming, it's probably easier to use matrix calculations which is generally faster than Lock/Bond. I've attached a maxfile (..._mvh_matrix.max) that shows the effect (see the comments on the data operators (with CAPITALS) to see how it works).

As for why you're getting a lag; That's due to the fact that the Lock/Bond operator affects speed, rather than position. So the position is only updated at the end of the integration step. This means that you're actually getting the position/rotation of the previous integration step rather than the current one.

I've attached another file (..._mvh.max) where I added both spin and speed to the position and rotation, and use the results to build te target matrix. There's still a slight lag, which might be caused by some floating point rounding errors, but could very well an error on my part as well since I setup the scene pretty quickly.

Anyway, hope this helps!
Martijn
deforming teapot this time
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
R_cypher

Hi ALL!

I've now testing this setup with a deforming teapot since this will eventually be used on a character. Instead of using a lock/bond on the proxy fractured birth group to lock to the teapot. I'm using a krakatoa skinwrap to deform the fractured geo to the main (unfractured) teapot.

I then lock/bond my fractured birthgroup geo particles to my deforming fractured skin wrapped geo. However, I'm guessing the lock/bond will just do as good a job as it can to lock/bond the position/rotation of the entire piece and slide it around .

1)Is there some way of deforming my birth group to the fractured skin wrapped geo from within pflow?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote
R_cypher

.. any takers?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
ionut9

hello,
both pflow sources integration steps set to frame viewport and render?!
will that sort the issue?
regards and sorry for my stupidity
i am learning
reform prefractured geo to animated object SOLVED
Orbaz Technologies Forum Index » Particle Flow Tools: Box#3